The usage of medical marijuana or CBD oil has been a highly debated topic all around the world by people and political institutions. It has gained popularity all around the world in recent times. The benefits that come from the usage of CBD oil is the reason behind its popularity.
Benefits and uses if CBD oil
- Relieve pain- Treatment of pain using marijuana has been traced back to 2900 BC. The Endocannabinoid system (ECS) consists of endocannabinoids which are neurotransmitters in the human body is involved with regulating vital body functions such as sleep, appetite, pain and immune system response. CBD reduces chronic pain by impacting these endocannabinoids’ receptor activity.
- Reduction of anxiety and depression- Treatment of anxiety and depression using pharmaceutical drugs can cause a number of side effects such as drowsiness, sexual dysfunction, insomnia, headache, etc. Usage of CBD oil for these mental illnesses is considered as a natural approach and comparatively has minimum side effects.
- May reduce cancer related symptoms- A few studies have found that CBD might help cancer symptoms and side effects such as nausea, pain, vomiting caused from cancer treatment. Despite the pharmaceutical drugs that have been prescribed by the doctors to reduce these side effects, it has been understood that usage of CBD oil is a more natural process of healing these side effects. CBD oil also helps in prevention of cancer symptoms by inhibiting cancer cell migration, invasion and adhesion.
- Has neuroprotective properties- Researchers have found that there is a positive outcome from the effect of CBD oil on the brains endocannabinoid system and this positive impact might provide benefits from people suffering from neurological disorders such as epilepsy and multiple sclerosis.
- Promotes cardiovascular health- A recent study has proven that CBD oil promotes the cardiovascular health of a person by protecting against the damage caused by high-sugar and glucose intakes or inflammation. It has also been proved that CBD oil can prevent Type 2 diabetes. A study in USA has found the impact of CBD oil in insulin, insulin resistance and glucose levels of Americans.
- Relives Nausea- CBD oil and cannabis have been for suppression of nausea for a long time. Both CBD and THC have been proven to reduce nausea and vomiting inducing by possessing antiemetic and anti-nausea elements. However, this stands true only when CBD oil is taken in low dosages. Intake of high-dosages might result in nausea and vomiting.
- Possess anti-psychotic effects- Research shows that CBD oil has elements which act against psychotic brain functions caused from diseases such a schizophrenia, behavioral problems. This has been proven by considering the similarity found in pharmaceutical drugs used for these illnesses and few elements in CBD oil,