Science has described Vape Pens as disposable vapes filled with 50 mg of full spectrum cbd vape juice and flavored with real terpenes. Terpenes are organic compounds found in plants that give each hemp strain its unique flavor and character. CBD Vape Pens are portable electronic devices that come in four natural strain-specific varieties. They are increasingly popular among medical marijuana patients because they provide a convenient, discreet, and presumably benign way to administer cannabis. The issue of determining how safe CBD vape pen is could be summed up as follows:
1. First, there is a general assumption that the CBD vape pen is a healthier tool for administering CBD edibles than inhaling marijuana smoke, which contains harmful substances that may irritate the lungs. The reason for this position is that since a vaporizer heats the cannabis flower or oil concentrate without burning it, the active ingredients are inhaled, but no smoke is involved. At least that is how it is supposed to work for maximum benefits. By this, it means that CBD vapes are designed to reduce harms associated with smoking cigarettes. However, discussions on the vape pens’ safety and the liquid solutions inside the cartridges are determined by identifying what is being inhaled using these CBD pens.
2. Studies have revealed that some CBD vape pens, marketed and utilized without regulatory controls, are manufactured in China. This type of CBD pen is available online and in medical marijuana dispensaries in the US. These vape pens contain a battery-operated heating mechanism, which at high temperatures, can transform solvents, flavoring agents, and various vape oil additives into carcinogens and other harmful toxins.
3. Moreover, science has proved that with high temperatures which some battery-run CBD vape pens come with, propylene glycol converts into tiny polymers that can wreak havoc on lung tissue when inhaled. This propylene glycol is found in many common household items, like cosmetics, baby wipes, pharmaceuticals, pet food, antifreeze, etc. Though the US Food and Drug Administration and Health Canada has deemed propylene glycol safe for human ingestion and topical application, exposure by inhalation could be dangerous. There are scientific proofs that many things that are safe to eat could be hazardous to breathe. For instance, propylene glycol has long been declared by FDA useful as a food additive. Still, this assessment was based on toxicity studies that did not involve heating and breathing this chemical with CBD vape pens.
4. Also, the FDA approved that flavoring agents, such as e-cig nicotine products available in some vape oil pens, pose additional risks when inhaled rather than eaten. The flavoring compounds smooth and creamy are associated with respiratory illness when inhaled in tobacco e-cigarette devices.
5. Further studies showed that another hazardous-when-inhaled-but-safe-to-eat flavoring compound is cinnamon Ceylon. It becomes cytotoxic when aerosolized.
6. There is no adequate knowledge about the short or long-term health effects of inhaling propylene glycol and other ingredients present in flavored vape pen cartridges. This is because many of these prefilled cartridges are poorly labeled with little or no meaningful information on their contents.
7. The device needs to be critically examined, as it poses some challenges for consumers. Their performances vary greatly. For instance, some vape pens require pressing a button to charge the heating coil; others are buttonless. One simply activates the battery by sucking on the pen. The surface area of the vape pens heating element and its electrical resistance play a significant role in converting ingestible solvents into inhalable toxins. Another confounding factor is the scant information on when and how long the user pushes the button or inhales on the average, how long the coil heats up, or the voltage used during the heating process. Unlike vape pen devices, the Volcano vaporizer has been tested for safety. Collectively, the data indicate that vaporizing whole-plant cannabis exposes the user to lower amounts of carcinogens compared to smoke and decreases side effects (such as reactions to the harshness of smoke).
8. Another factor needed to determine how safe CBD Vape pens are is that when the heating element gets red hot in a vape pen, the solution inside the prefilled cartridges undergoes a process called smoldering, a technical term for what is equivalent to burning. While much of the vape oil liquid is vaporized and atomized, a portion of the vape oil blend undergoes pyrolysis or combustion.
From the given, it is discovered that most of the vape pens that have flooded the commercial market may not be dependable vaporizers. Therefore, they are not true CBD vape pens. They cannot be safe for use.
9. Some have argued that the dangers of burning tobacco are largely absent in vaping. This is because there is no combustion in vaping. There is no tar or carbon monoxide, which are two other significant smoking dangers. They believe that Vaping uses heat from a coil to turn e-liquid into an inhalable aerosol. To those who believe in this opinion, they said it looks like smoke, but it is not. Vaping cannabis oil is a smokeless, low-temperature method of inhaling cannabis vapor. When done safely, vaping cannabis can be a convenient, discrete way to enjoy the benefits of cannabis. These findings notwithstanding, it is noted that vaping is not without some potential risks to lung health.
10. Finally, Compared to smoking, CBD vaping leaves a much higher, ranging from a 60-90%, cannabinoid retention rate. This means there is less waste of valuable cannabinoids from vaping rather than smoking. On the other hand, there is the risk of greatly increasing a person’s tolerance level when vaping high concentrations of CBD or THC. Besides, Vaping cannabis oil tends to help many of the same conditions reported to be alleviated with the use of other cannabis products, such as; pain relief, anxiety relief, depression relief, relaxation benefits, deep-sleep enhancement, anti-inflammatory and for improvement of one’s mood.
The general note of advice is that these days there is a CBD vape shop on every corner. However, that does not mean the products they are selling are automatically safe. There is a lack of regulation or safety standards for CBD products on the market today. Often, the person working the counter has limited knowledge about essential safety considerations to be noted.